“A lover of all things beautiful…growing up in the South, I’ve always strived to be connected to all of the Fine Arts. Following a lengthy career in theatre and dance, namely Ballet, I once again picked up the paint brush. My life has taken me full circle as a professional dancer, interior designer, teacher with Nashville Ballet, artist and painter. I live on a small farm just south of Nashville, where I enjoy gardening and a plethora of farm animals, frequently seen in my paintings.”
Strawberry Plants, 6x6, oilIngrid Derrickson $475
Black Eyed Susan with Dreft, 12x12, oilIngrid Derrickson $625
Camelia, 6x6, oilIngrid Derrickson $475
SOLD - Gladiolus, 6x6, oilIngrid Derrickson $475
Hibiscus with Blue Bowl, 10x10, oilIngrid Derrickson $575
Hibiscus with Pink Plate, 12x12, oilIngrid Derrickson $625
Larkspur, 12x8, oilIngrid Derrickson $625
Pink Ranunculus, 6x6, oilIngrid Derrickson $475
Red Hot Snapdragons, 12x8, oilIngrid Derrickson $625
Two White Hibiscus, 12x8, oilIngrid Derrickson $625
About the Artist
- Born in Atlanta GA, grew up in Greensboro NC, moved to Tennessee as a teen.
- Formal training in Ballet through School of American Ballet, Jacob’s Pillow/Tanglewood In Massachusetts
- Joined the Ethno-American Dance Theater in New York City, NY. Toured with Walter Terry’s, “America Has Many Faces” for the Bi-Centennial year, 1976, Nationwide, including Hawaii.
- Later, joined Dances of India, touring the US for 2 years. Show premieres at the Theater of Riverside Church, NY’s Shakespeare Festival in Central Park
- Upon returning to Tennessee, I shifted my education, enrolling at the O’More School of Design, majoring in Interior Contract Design and Architectural Restoration.
- Worked with Knoll International and a subsidiary company, Corporate Environments
- Accomplishments in Historic restoration included working on many historic properties in the middle Tennessee area, painting murals and researching and applying documented stencils
- A return to my professional dance career, working with Nashville Ballet as school administrator, instructor and youth cast director for many of the story ballets during the 1990’s
- In 2010, another shift back to painting in the fine arts. Ongoing mentoring and instruction has been with Peggi Kroll Roberts, Nancy Gruskin, Stanley Bielen, Lori Putnam, Maggie Siner, to name a few.
- I continue in this field focusing on growing and painting my garden flowers from life.
“If you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it is your world for the moment.” – Georgia O’Keefe
Groups & Organizations
- Oil Painters of America
- The American Impressionist Society
- The Chestnut Group