My earliest memories are at the family kitchen table amid the chaos of a big family – drawing and painting. I never seemed to let go of the pencil or brush; it flowed into a lifelong passion for learning and teaching. Creativity inspires me – whether its drawing, painting – poetry, music, quilting or cooking – it all celebrates the gift of life.
Winter Morn, 30x30, oil on canvasKay Keyes Farrar $2200
SOLD - Morning Blush, 12x9, oilKay Keyes Farrar $495
First Snow, 11x14, oilKay Keyes Farrar $425
SOLD - Evening, 11x14, oilKay Keyes Farrar $425
Indigo Edges, 9x12, oilKay Keyes Farrar $495
SOLD - Soft Winter Shadows, 14x11, oilKay Keyes Farrar $495
Hester, 14x11, oilKay Keyes Farrar $425
About the Artist
From Neenah, Wisconsin, Kay earned her BA in Fine Art, Art History and English from Alverno College, Milwaukee. Over the last twenty years she has studied with artists such as Kevin Macpherson, Dawn Whitelaw, Scott Christensen, Colley Whisson, Quang Ho and Roger Dale Brown. She has been teaching painting for the last ten years from her studio in the village of Leiper’s Fork Tennessee.
Continuing Education with Contemporary Artists:
- October 2014 – Landscape Bootcamp with Dawn Whitelaw, Franklin, TN.
- November 2012 – Workshop with Quang Ho, Leiper’s Fork, TN.
- October 2011 – Workshop with Colley Whisson, an Australian impressionist, in Leiper’s Fork, TN.
- May of 2009 – Workshop with portrait artist Michael Shane Neal, in Nashville, TN.
- June 2008 – Traveled to Victor, ID with her family to study for a ten day workshop with Scott Christensen.
- June 2007 – Workshop with impressionist Kevin Machpherson, Taos, NM.
- Other workshops and classes: Members of the Cumberland Society of Painters including: Michael Shane Neal, Jason Saunders, Dawn Whitelaw, Pam Padgett, Paula Frizbe, Kevin Menck, and Roger Dale Brown, Nashville, TN.
- The American Impressionist Society, Vero Beach, FL – americanimpressionistsociety.org
- The Chestnut Group, Nashville, TN – thechestutgroup.org
Events & Awards
- ArtEFFECTS – Art Sale and Benefit for Maury Regional Foundation, Columbia, TN 2016
- “The Lipscomb Art Event” – Art Sale and Benefit for Lipscomb University, February 1-3, 2013.
- “Love the Lake” – Art Sale and Benefir for Radnor Lake, with The Chestnut Group and Friends of Radnor Lake
- ArtEFFECTS – Art Sale and Benefit for Maury Regional Foundation, Columbia, TN 2014
- A River Runs Through It – The Chestnut Group and The Nature Conservancy, for the Duck River, Columbia, TN
- Membership Juried Show for Women Painters of the Southeast, Corse Gallery, Jacksonville, FL
- Art Event at David Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN – February 2012
- “An Artful Life” Exhibition, October 2011, with Kay Keyes Farrar and Mark Dillon at the Pryor Gallery,
- Columbia State College, Columbia, TN
- Hopkinsville Art Guild Exhibition, October 2011, Hopkinsville, KY – Best in Landscape
- Hopkinsville Art Guild Exhibition, October 2010, Hopkinsville, KY, Best in Landscape.
- The Chestnut Group, Glen Leven Once in a Blue Moon Exhibition, October, 2010, Nashville, TN
- Columbia Downtown Main Street Art Show and Benefit, March 2010, Columbia, TN
- Hopkinsville Art Guild Exhibition, October 5- 29, 2009, Hopkinsville, KY, First Place in Animal Art
- Once in a Blue Moon, Glen Leven Land Trust Benefit, October 24, 2009, Glen Leven Mansion, Nashville, TN
- Maury Regional Hospital Memorial Building Show and Sale, Columbia, TN
- Hanging Around Gallery, The Chestnut Group Duck River / Nature Conservancy Benefit, Nashville, TN, Spring 2009
- Main Street Festival, Franklin, TN, April 2009
- The Chestnut Group Duck River / Nature Conservancy Benefit, Columbia, TN, 2008
- Pryor Gallery Women, Columbia State College, Columbia, TN, 2008
- Helen Keller Festival, Tuscombia, AL, 2007
- Main Street Festival, Franklin, TN 2003-2007
- Main Street Festival, Franklin, TN 2003 Best of Show Award
- Bergstrom Art Festival, Neenah, WI 2003 Best of Show Award
- Art in the Park, Appleton, WI, 2003